Role Profile Description:
The role belongs to the IP Network team and will be responsible for activities related to network planning, Operations, and Support. He/She shall effectively perform network performance analysis, capacity planning as well as network support activities by troubleshooting serious operational cases. Moreover, the role will be responsible for development of technical specifications and actively contribute to design & implementation projects.
- Manage and support IP Network services and infrastructure environment.
- Proactively ensures the highest level of services and infrastructure availability.
- Annual Network Planning activities – High level design & low-level design
- Participate in challenging projects related to IP Core & Access network elements and services.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Diagnosing and resolve problems across a variety of hardware platforms and vendors.
- Document standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training materials for use by the team.
- Installs, configures, and maintains routers, switches, firewalls, and network management tools.
- Installs, configures, and maintains IP network related systems including Linux-based Servers: AAA Server, NMS Server, Syslog Server, Licensing Server, Network Management & Automation Server, etc.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems as well as change implementations from the simple to the more complex, while interacting with other departments.
- Participate in rotation standby scheme, providing 2nd level support to relevant systems/platforms. Ensure the continuity of services in case of emergency incidents, provide accurate and on-time resolution, with contribution of vendor as appropriate and readiness to intervene on premises for s/w and h/w problems.
- Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related discipline. A relevant master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- 2+ years of experience as a network engineer in an implementation and operational support role.
- Cisco CCNA Certification.
- Experience in Cisco equipment & datacenter technologies.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks, LAN/WAN, routing and switching and related protocols strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills in Greek & English.
- Flexible and enthusiastic attitude with strong Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player skills and ability to take initiatives and propose new ideas.
- Keen on learning and sharing knowledge.
- Ability to plan and execute projects autonomously.
- A strong desire to take on new challenges for self-development and to contribute to operations at a higher level.
- Flexible on business requirements and open for adoption to new technologies
- Military obligations (if any) fulfilled.
Additional Requirements/Qualifications considered an asset:
- Experience in Telecommunications environment.
- Knowledge of IP Multicast technology.
- Understanding of Digital Video BC: DVB-T & Mpeg-4.
Why join us:
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We are offering:
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Private medical insurance.
- Friendly and dynamic work environment.
- Access to knowledge from various adjacent fields.
- Developmental 360° feedback framework.